Learn how you can fix the QuickBooks won’t print issue by reading this article. This article has been written by the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of customersupportnumber247 and you can get in touch with them if you need any help. Feel free to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-800-210-5289 to get support for all editions and versions of QuickBooks.
There are many reasons which cause the QuickBooks won’t print problem. We will try to cover all the reasons in this article. Now, QB users use different printers and they all have different troubleshooting steps. If you are unsure of how to implement the steps, contact the QuickBooks Experts.
Before You Start Troubleshooting
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks and not an expired one.
- Check if the printer is connected properly with the computer and the required drivers are installed.
- For specific printing error codes, you may search our website for the troubleshooting guide.
How To Fix QuickBooks Won’t Print Issue?
As we said earlier, different situations need different troubleshooting steps. It is important that you follow all the solutions in the order they are given to resolve the QB won’t print problem. Check if you are able to print after implementing each solution.
Solution 1: Check Your Printer
First of all, try to print a notepad document to check if your printer can print outside of QB.
- Click on Start button and head to Notepad.
- Type in some text and select File, then Print.
- Choose the correct printer and click on Print.
Solution 2: If That Didn’t Work, Try This Step
If you are not able to print the notepad document, follow these steps.
- Firstly, turn off your printer and reboot your pc.
- Now, switch the printer on again.
- Verify that the printer paper is loaded properly.
- Click on the Windows Start button and head to the Control Panel.
- Now, double-click on Printers and Faxes.
- In case, the printer is appearing Offline, right-click on the printer.
- Choose Use Printer Online from the menu.
- Now, double-click on the printer.
- Check if there are print jobs appearing in the list.
- Select the Printer, then click on Cancel All Documents.
- Now, close the window.
- Right-click on the printer and select Properties.
- Finally, click on the Print Test Page.
Note: If your printer is a network printer, network issues can be part of the problem.
Still not working? Try this
- Verify that you are using the latest printer drivers for the printer that you are using. You can head to the manufacturer’s web site to look for the latest drivers for your printer. If any updates are available, download and install them.
- Verify that there are no error lights appearing on the printer.
- You can also go through the printer manufacturer’s documentation for any of the following:
- The printer displays error indications.
- The printer is not able to print a sample page.
- The printer is unable to print from the Notepad.
Solution 3: Rename The File
If you were able to print the notepad file from your printer, run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair tool. Most of the common issues can be resolved by running the QB Print and PDF Repair tool. Now, try to print again.
Rename The File
If the QB Repair tool was not able to resolve the issue, you can choose to manually rename the QBPrint.QBP file.
Look for the QBPrint.qbp.
- If you are using Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista then go to: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (20xx represents the version of your QuickBooks.)
- If you are using Server 2008 and Server 2012 then go to: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
Note: You may need to display hidden files and folders.
- First of all, right-click on the QBprint.qbp file.
- Make sure that is for the correct version and choose Rename.
- Now, add the word old to the current file name (i.e. QBPrint.qbp.old)
- Open QB Desktop again.
- Go to the File menu and choose Printer Setup.
- Choose any transaction in the Form Name list and click on OK.
- A new QBprint.qbp file will be created.
Note: You don’t have to repeat this for all the transactions.
- Attempt to open & print any transaction.
Solution 4: If None Of The Above Works Verify The Printer Is The Correct One
- Firstly, open your QB and click on File.
- Now, click on Printer Setup.
- Select the form which you are attempting to print.
- Now check if the printer name of the printer you are attempting to utilize? If not, you will have to configure the setup within your pc’s Printer Setup first.
- Tap on Help in this area to get step-by-step instructions for the process.
Follow These Steps
- Attempt to print utilizing another printer in the Printer Setup.
- Now open your QB, select File, then click on Printer Setup.
- Select the form you are attempting to print.
- Select another printer, you can use the Microsoft XP printer.
- Tap on the Help button in this section for more detailed information on these settings.
- Attempt printing another form.
- If you are utilizing customized forms or memorized reports, give a shot to standard form or report.
- In the case, you were attempting to print a batch of forms in QB, attempt to print a single form. If positive, you can attempt to print in smaller batches.
- Try to print in Selective Startup Mode.
- If the problem still exists, Reinstall QB for Windows using a clean install.
Solution 5: Still Not Printing? Also Try These
Check if the printer local or on a network?
- Local – In case, the problem is with your local printer or computer, contact the manufacturer for it. You can manually check if the connection between the computer and the printer is working or not.
- Network – Make sure that the Network settings are configured properly. You can check the your printer’s website for more information.
Do you have a status monitor running?
Check if your Status monitor is configured to show up on your desktop only when try to print or when it encounters an error?
- Click on Yes.
- Configure your Monitor status so that it shows up on your desktop only when it encounters an error or issue.
- Go to the spool path information.
- Set the settings to RAW.
Do you have any other drivers installed?
- Check if there are any drivers installed on your desktop and try them to print.
- If you are unsure of the process, contact the QuickBooks Experts immediately.
Get QuickBooks Technical Help & Support Services
We do not recommend that you make any changes to the default settings of your QuickBooks without creating a backup file first. If you are not able to fix QuickBooks Won’t Print issue then contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of customersupportnumber247 right now. You can reach the QuickBooks Tech Support Team by calling on the QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1-800-210-5289.
They can also be reached from the trustworthy and secure QuickBooks Chat Support Service. Contact them immediately to get customized solutions instantly.