Owning a business is a very hectic job to do but QuickBooks has made it simple. QuickBooks has become very important and crucial part of millions as businesses across the globe. QuickBooks allows you to manage your financial tasks and keeps your account managed. It does various complex tasks easily such as organizing your expenses, tracking your cash flow, creating invoices, etc. Although, it’s a great bookkeeping program but it can’t be kept away from errors and issues. There are various error codes and issues that can hinder your workflow easily and one of the most common and dangerous of them is the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. There can be various factors that can cause this error and it is quite impossible to tell you what is the actual reason behind this error. It just pop-up on your screen randomly and your ongoing process gets abandoned.
This article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. However, it is true that most of the time this error couldn’t be resolve and you have to contact a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for it. For this, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
Common QuickBooks Unrecoverable error codes:
- 00000 14775
- 00000 15204
- 00227 55008
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
- 20888 41171
Situations When QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Can Occur
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can pop up on your screen in the following scenarios:
- When you try to open or close your QuickBooks Company File
- When you try to switch to any active window in company file.
- When you try to create a backup of your company file or while restoring it.
- Creating or making some changes in a company file
- Creating or making some changes a portable file
- Updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll tax table.
- Trying to open a window within QuickBooks.
- Using the verify and rebuild utility to resolve data damages in your system.
- Trying to save a transaction or making some changes in it.
- Trying to send payroll information via Direct Deposit
- Using the Open Previous Company feature
Before you go onto the solution steps, there are some important points that you need to remember:
- Your QuickBooks should be updated to the latest release as you might be facing the issue because you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- You should create a copy of your QuickBooks company file.
- Click on Send on the dialogue box that shows the unrecoverable error message on your system.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Solution 1: Identify How Many Users Are Affected
Note: If there is no username or password that you use to open QuickBooks company file then you have to jump directly to the second solution.
It is important for you to know how many users are affected by this error unrecoverable error while opening a QuickBooks company file. If the issue is faced only by a single user then there are possibilities that the particular user is corrupted. In such scenarios you can perform below mentioned steps:
If a regular user is damaged
- From the main menu, go to Company > Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
- For Enterprise users: Company > Users > Set Up Users and Roles.
- Select Add User and then provide the correct username and password.
- Now, click on Next.
Note: Don’t use the name that the damaged user had.
- Customize user the way that suits you and then click on Finish
- From the main menu, go to File > Close Company/Logoff.
- Login to company file with newly created user.
If the Admin user is damaged
Install and use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool resolve the damaged admin user issue.
Solution 2: Suppress Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Suppress the Desktop during the time when you open QuickBooks.
- Go to your PC’s desktop and press and hold the CTRL
- Now run QuickBooks by double-clicking on QB icon.
- Continuously press and hold the CTRL key until No Company Open window pops-up on your screen.
- Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- Select a file from the No Company File open window.
- Press and hold the ALT key and then click on
- Provide the login credentials if you are asked to.
Important:If you are not asked to provide username and password then don’t release the Alt key.
- Press and hold the Alt key again and then select OK. Release the Alt key
Note: You will get a blank screen. If the QuickBooks menu can be highlighted by hovering your cursor to it then it means that the company file is open properly.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File
- Opening sample file will let you know weather the problem is with your company file or with QuickBooks installation.
- If the sample company file gets opened successfully then it means that your company file or the folder where company file is located is damaged. You need to copy the company file to different location and then try to open QuickBooks.
- If the error is still around then need to restore a recent backup or use the ADR to restore your backed up files. You can also resolve the data damage issues if restoring backup files didn’t helped you in resolving the issue.
- If you get same error after opening the sample QuickBooks company file then it might be possible that your QuickBooks software is damaged and you need to go to the 4th
How to open a sample file?
- Select Open a sample file from the No Company Open window.
- Select one of the sample file available in the list.
How to copy the company file to a different location?
When you create a copy of your company file and open it from a different location, it will tell you whether the location where company file is located is damaged or not. If the error is still around even after changing company file’s location then it clearly shows that QuickBooks installation is damaged and you need to repair that.
- Go to your desktop and create a new folder with a name
- Open the folder where company file is located originally and copy it by right-clicking on it and selecting Copy from drop-down.
- Go to the newly created folder and press CTRL + V to paste that file.
- Now, try to open the company file from QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Run Reboot.bat
Running the reboot.bat file re-registers the QuickBooks related files such as .DLL & .OCX. It can be helpful for you in resolving these unrecoverable error codes.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Perform a repair of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Install and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve all the installation issues in your QuickBooks software.
- Reinstall your QuickBooks software using a fresh source and make sure that there is no files present in your system from previous installation.
- Repair the Microsoft components:.
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Uninstall or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
Solution 6: Create A New Windows Administrator
For Windows 10 users
- From the Start menu, go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.
- Select Add someone else to this PC from Other Users section.
- Select the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option.
- Tap on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter a name for the new account and then click on Finish.
- Choose the account you just created and click on Account Type.
- Click on Administrator for the account type then click on OK.
For Windows 8.1 Users
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to User Accounts.
- Now, go to Manage another account > Other accounts > Add an account.
- Tap on Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)and then select Local account.
- Set the username and a strong password for the user and then click on.
- Now the Manage Other Accounts window will open again and you need to select the newly created account.
- Select Edit.
- Select Administrator for the user type and then click OK to save changes.
For Windows 8 and 7 Users
- Click on Administrator and then select Create Account.
Windows Server 2012
Note:Mostly the licensed computer technicians maintains these services and it is highly recommended to consult your IT professional before making any changes to your server.
- Open the Server Manager and then go to Tools.
- Click on Computer Management and then expand the Local Users and Groups.
- Select Groups and double-click on the Administrator Groups to avail the Administrator Properties window.
- Now, click on Add.
- Provide the account that you wish to add to the local admin groups.
- Click on.
Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008/R2
- Open the Windows SBS (2011/2008) and go to Users and Groups.
- Navigate to Users and then click on Add a new user account in order to run the Add a New User Account.
- Enter all the required information and select Administrator for the new user role.
- Set a strong password for this user for security purpose.
- Select Add user.
- Follow all the provided steps and then click on Finish.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
Hopefully, this long article was helpful for you and the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is now resolved. These steps are affective but it doesn’t assure you that the error will get resolved because this error can be stated as the most stubborn error in QuickBooks Desktop. However, it is difficult to troubleshoot this error but not impossible. If you failed to get this error resolved then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get instant resolution for your issues.