QuickBooks Point Of Sale is the only software which can efficiently manage all your business transactions, payroll, cash flow and also track the record of your inventories. You can choose between QuickBooks POS basic, QuickBooks POS Pro and QuickBooks Multi-Store. QB POS works on an intricate algorithm to help relieve the workflow of business also to provide the best client service. This popularity of QuickBooks POS is also because of the 24×7 support services which can be used to tackle any situation. In this case, it is the QuickBooks POS Error 121. You can call the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of customersupportnumber247 to get an instant resolution of the QB POS Error Code 121. You can also read this in-depth article to understand what causes this error and also how to fix the QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 121 manually.
The error message on your screen will be:
“Error 121 Permission denied, you do not have permission to select from timeouts”
Causes Of The QuickBooks POS Error 121
- You will encounter the QB Error 121 when you log in as a guest user.
- If you are not using the System Admin account for using your QuickBooks POS software.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Point Of Sale Error 121?
Note: Always take a backup of the data before making any changes in the default settings of your QuickBooks POS.
Close All The QuickBooks POS Processes & Services
- First of all, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on your keyboard.
- Now, head to the Processes tab.
- Look for these processes in the list and end them:
- Now, close the Task Manager by clicking on the exit button.
- Open the Run window by pressing Window+R key simultaneously.
- Type in services.msc in the search field and press enter.
- When you look at the Services window, look out for QuickBooks Point of Sale Database Manager vXX.
- Now, choose to stop this service.
- Finally, close the services window also.
Delete Necessary Files
- Display the hidden Windows folders
If you are using your QuickBooks POS on a Windows 8.1 and 8 platforms, follow these steps:
- Press the windows key to open the Start Menu.
- Now, head to the Control Panel.
- Click on Appearance and Personalization and select Folder Options.
- Tap on the View option.
- In the Advanced settings, tap on Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Finally, click on OK.
If you are using your QuickBooks POS on a Windows 7 and Vista platform, follow these steps:
- First of all, right-click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Now, choose to Open Windows Explorer.
- Click on the Organize button and select Folder and Search Options.
- Tap on the View tab, choose Show hidden files and folders.
- Unmark the checkbox for Hide protected operating files.
- Tap on Yes on the warning and then select OK.
If you are using QuickBooks POS on a Windows XP platform, follow these steps:
- Click on Tools to select it and choose Folder Options.
- Tap on the View tab.
- Now, unmark the Hide extensions for known file type’s checkbox.
- Choose Show hidden files and folders.
- Delete Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Click on OK.
- Head to the following locations depending on your OS:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0
3) Hit CTRL+A keys on your keyboard to select all files in the current folder.
4) Right-click on the files and choose Delete.
5) Head back to this location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
6) Now, open the INI folder and get rid of the WSActivity file by deleting it.
7) Open your POS software again.
8) Now, download and install any updates that are available.
9) Finally, complete the registration process.
Technical Support Help For Fixing 121 POS Error
Get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Team by calling the toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289. You can get the best resolution and that too in a very short period of time. Intuit certifies our QuickBooks ProAdvisors and you can completely trust their capabilities. We are confident of the quality of our services and therefore we provide a 100% no questions asked refund policy. You can get all your money back if the error 121 of QB POS is not resolved or if the resolution time was higher than expected.
Call us today!