QuickBooks users who have recently switched from single user mode to multi-user mode are encountering issues like QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working or the QuickBooks Error H202. Do not worry as it is a very common problem but you need to get rid of it quickly so that it does not affect other components of QuickBooks.
Get rid of the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue swiftly. Just contact the QuickBooks Experts customersupportnumber247 by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-800-210-5289 and let them take care of it for you.
What Causes The Multi-User Issue?
- You are attempting to work on a QuickBooks company file which is stored on another desktop and this company file is not on the server yet.
- QB is unable to get the IP address for this computer.
- Firewall or Anti-virus are restricting QuickBooks processes and causing such errors.
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi-User Not Working?
First of all, make sure that you install the QuickBooks Database Server and server manager for your QuickBooks version.
Solution 1: Set Hosting To Local Files
In the solution, we will set hosting to local files. Just follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks on your desktop and press the F2 key on your keyboard. Product information screen will open.
- Now, go to the local server information and make sure that the hosting is set to “Local files”.
Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the Start Menu and click on the Menu option.
- Type in ‘services.msc’ in the text field and press Enter.
- Right-click and choose the Start button.
- Show extensions for the ‘known file types.’
- Right-click on the Start button again.
- Choose Explore option.
- Choose the tool menu and folder.
- Tap on the view tab and get rid of the hide extensions.
Solution 3: Restart Your Computer
- Reboot your computer.
- Search for the .ND file and right-click on it.
- Choose Delete from the list.
- Now, we will recreate the .ND file.
- Press the Windows key and go to Programs Option > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Scan option.
- Tap on the add folder button.
- Navigate to the company folder.
- Choose Company file and select the OK button.
- Choose Scan and wait for the process to get complete.
- Close the window.
Solution 4: Check Hosting
Now, we are going to ensure that client desktops are not attempting to host the company file. Make sure that the display is off.
- Login into your QuickBooks account as an administrator.
- Choose File Menu and click on Utilities.
- Choose Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- Click on the “Yes” button and close the QuickBooks Company file.
- Now, re-open your QuickBooks.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the information window.
Get Technical Help & Support For QuickBooks, 24×7
The above steps and solution can resolve the QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working issue. However, if you seek professional help for any of the above steps or you were not able to fix the issue from implementing these steps, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of customersupportnumber247 by calling on QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1-800-210-5289.