QuickBooks Error 1904 is triggered because of a damaged file, component or incorrect file location. The QB Error 1904 usually appears on your monitor screen when the QB Users are trying to install QuickBooks desktop on your computer. You should immediately look for a resolution for this error so that it doesn’t do more damage. You can either follow the steps given in this article or call the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get instant resolution for the error.
The error message related to the QuickBooks Error 1904 is:
“Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register”
In case, various error codes appear on your screen and they explicitly mention ICWrapper.dll, qbprefs.dll, RcnFndRequestHandler.dll and, qbupdate.exe files, then the issue is triggered by a damaged Microsoft Visual C++ component.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904?
Solution: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Firstly, click on the Ignore button in the error message.
- Now, allow the installation to complete.
- Do not open your QB Desktop now.
- Reboot your computer.
- If for some reason the installation was halted, you must download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and run it on your computer.
- Reboot your computer again.
- If running the QB Install Diagnostic tool did not resolve the error, you must activate the built-in Administrator.
Steps To Activate The Built-in Administrator
- Hit the Windows key on the bottom-right corner of your keyboard.
- Now, type in CMD in the search space.
- Right-click CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type in net user administrator /active:yes in the CMD window and hit enter.
Note: If an error appears, type net user administrator /active instead.
Switch to the built-in Administrator Account
- Open the Task Manager on your screen by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard and click on Switch User.
- For Windows 8 users – Hit the Windows key and click on the user icon which is on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, hit the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your keyboard and choose the default Administrator account.
For Users Who Are Using Bitdefender
In case, you are trying to install QB Desktop on a desktop with bit defender, you must add the following in the bit defender exclusion list:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files (for 32-bit machines)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit (for 64-bit machines)
Note: Disabling or turning off the Bitdefender will resolve the QB error 1904.
If The Error Appears While Installing Adobe Flash Player
- First of all, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Now, uninstall the Adobe Flash Player from your computer.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows+R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Now, type Control Panel in the search field and hit Ok.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Click on Adobe Flash PlayerActiveX and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the instruction that appear on your monitor screen.
- Download the Adobe Flash Player from the official website.
If The Error References QBversionTool.dll
Step 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your computer.
- Install and run the tool.
- Reboot your computer and try to reinstall QuickBooks.
Step 2: Check Permissions & Use Hidden (built-in) Administrator Account
You have to check the permissions and you can do that by saving a notepad file in the installation directory.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows+R keys on your keyboard.
- Now, type in Notepad in the search field and hit enter.
- Type in QBTEST in the notepad file and go to the file menu on the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Choose Save As and save the file in the installation directory.
- 32-bit C:\Program Files\Common Files
- 64-bit C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files
In case, the permission folder is not available in the folder, an error will appear on your screen while trying to save the notepad file. You can also try to log in as the Local Administrator and attempt to install QuickBooks again on your computer. If you are encountering any issue or have any question on your mind, feel free to contact the QuickBooks Experts of customersupportnumber247 by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1-888-396-0208.
Submit your review