The advantageous software that QuickBooks is, needs to be regularly updated and upgraded so as to provide utmost ease to its users. The QuickBooks Error 15215 mostly appears post installing a major update. There are also some other reasons that lead to the error 15215, but mostly, the scenario goes like: The users install all latest updates except the Maintenance Update Releases. When the user tries to install that, this error appears.
The error occurs while performing payroll update and the maintenance release. This eventually may lead to limited access and server not responding. It is therefore suggested to update software at a regular interval and upgrade it to the latest version.
If you see the QuickBooks Error 15215, fret not. Here we provide some of the most effective ways to fix QuickBooks error 15215. We have provided enough information to fix the issue for you, however, if the error still persists, call us on our Technical Support Number to seek instant help. Our qualified team will quickly solve the issue so that you can resume to smooth functioning of your business.
Solution 1 – Install The Proper Digital Signature Certificate
Mostly errors starting with 15*** in QuickBooks are related to digital signature certificates. Follow the instructions provided below to solve the most usual cause behind the Error 15215.
- Search for QBW32.exe in Windows Search.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file and then on Properties.
- Click on the Digital Signature tab and ensure that Intuit,Inc is mentioned in the list of available signatures.
- Now, left-click on Details, select View Certificate option.
- Click on the Install Certificate button in the Certificate windows. Now, click on the ‘Next’ buttons until you see the Finish button.
- Restart your computer, open QuickBooks and download & install the update again.
Solution 2 – Check If Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks
At times, it is the Firewall that prevents QuickBooks from properly accessing the Internet. This can lead to several issues including the Error 15215. It is possible that multiple firewalls are installed on your computer, whereas it is suggested to have not more than one. Here are the steps to check if your QuickBooks files are not blocked by Windows Firewall.
- Open Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced settings and then on Inbound Rules in the left side of the screen.
- RIght click on Inbound Rules and then select New Rule. Select Port, under the Rule type section. Select the TCP from the first set of radio buttons and change the second radio button to ‘Specific local ports’. Add the following ports according to the version of your QuickBooks Desktop so as to get rid of Error 15215.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Click on Next after entering the suitable port.
- Click on ‘Allow the connection’ radio button in subsequent window and click on Next.
- Now, you have to select the network type. If you usually switch network connections, then keep all the options checked and click on Next.
- Give the rule a name and click on FInish.
- Repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules. To do so, select Outbound Rules in the second step.
Solution 3 – Try Restarting The Window in ‘Selective Startup
There might be some running applications or programs that might be in conflict with downloading update of QuickBooks. CA Security Center is one such programs that’s known to interrupt QuickBooks. You might also be seeing the Error 15215 because of the same. Here are the steps you must take to uproot the problem.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, click on the Start and choose Run. You can also search for it in the Start Search section, if you can’t find the Run option.
- In the Run window, type msconfig.
- Click OK.
- System Configuration Utility will be opened.
- You must now select Selective Startup and uncheck or deselect the Load Startup Items checkbox.
- Click on OK and restart the PC.
- Open QuickBooks and try downloading the latest tax table.
- If the update gets successfully downloaded, repeat first four steps to open System Configuration Utility again.
- Click on the Normal Startup checkbox and click OK.
- Restart the PC again.
Solution 4 – Install The Updates Manually
- Restart the QuickBooks. In the help section, click on Update.
- Click on Reset.
- Now, download the update files, and click on the Install Now.
- The latest version of QuickBooks will be successfully installed with this process without any hassle.
- Go to the Employees section and click on payroll updates so as to solve QuickBooks Error 15215.
If you yet not able to solve QuickBooks error 15215, we advise you to seek direct technical assistance for the smooth functioning of your QuickBooks Desktop. Call us on our QuickBooks technical support number +1800-210-5289 to let us help you.